Our services aim to help you or your loved ones achieve a better, more convenient life.
Our services are designed with the welfare of our patients at the center of every single thing we do. We help each of our patients garner the care and help they need to recover at their own pace, surrounded by the people they most care about, in an environment that is safe and comfortable for them.
What Is CDPAP
CDPAP stands for Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program. It is the main service we offer at Better Families, Inc. The purpose of this program is to allow senior citizens, chronically ill, or disabled individuals who are receiving home care under the Medicaid program to have greater flexibility and their own choice when choosing who will be in charge of their care. This means that they can choose family members or friends to be their aides.
Who Is Eligible for CDPAP?
Individuals may take advantage of this program if:
- They are eligible for Medicaid.
- They are eligible for home care services.
- They are self-directing or have a self-directing adult who has the competency and willingness to assume the roles and responsibilities of the program.
What Is a Self-Directing Person?
This refers to the consumer or the consumer’s surrogate who must have:
- The desire and ability to make lifestyle choices
- The ability to organize the environment in order to implement those choices, and
- The capability to comprehend the consequence of those actions and the readiness to take responsibility for them
Program Details of CDPAP
Who can serve as a personal assistant?
- Most adults can, including parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, friends, and neighbors.
- Spouses, however, are ineligible.
- No formal training required.
- You must be able to work legally in the USA.
Services Provided by the Personal Assistant
A personal assistant may have the following responsibilities:
- Assistance with dressing, grooming, and bathing
- Medication Reminders
- Do errands
- Light Housekeeping
- And other Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
CDPAP Personal Assistants may also provide skilled care, such as wound care, tracheostomy care, and giving insulin shots.
Are you interested in CDPAP? With us at Better Families, Inc., you can expect that enrolling in this program will be a straightforward process. We will serve as your guides and ensure that you have the right requirements so that you will not encounter any problems.
For more information regarding our services, we encourage you to call us at 646-747-0181.